Counselling Procedure of BITSAT 2018:
- Availability: Candidates have to fill the application form which will be made available on the official website of BITSAT 2018.
- Mode: Candidates must fill the form with online mode.
- Candidates have to send the hard copy of BITSAT 2018 admission application form along with attested copies of class 10 certificate and class 12 marks sheet.
- Merit List: On the basis of merit prepared, candidates will be called for the counselling process and through merit list candidates can go for the counselling along with the required original documents.
- Seat Allotment: Candidates who have allocated seats, have to pay the admission fee and must complete the necessary formalities to confirm the admission.
Steps Required for Counselling Process of BITSAT 2018:
- Optional entry process through the internet.
- Options locking.
- Seat Allotment.
- Verification of documents.
- Seat Confirmation.
- Payment of fees.
Documents Required for Counselling Process of BITSAT 2018:
- 10th & 12th marks card and passing certificate.
- BITSAT scorecard.
- Counseling latter.
- Passport size photo.
- Caste Certificate.
Counselling Schedule of BITSAT 2018:
|Events||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|Filling up the 12th marks in the application form||20th May to 30th June 2018|
|the result of BITSAT 2018 Iteration 1||1st week of July 2018|
|the result of BITSAT 2018 Iteration 2||2nd week of July 2018|
|Closing date for payment of balance fee||4th week of July 2018|
|Admission assignment after Iteration 3||4th week of July 2018|
|Reporting date for the admission||4th week of July 2018|
|Admission after Iteration 4||1st week of August 2018|
Admissions Process of BITSAT 2018:
- Every candidate’s order of preference for different programs is filtered through a computer, which categorizes the candidates for respective courses on the basis of their ranks from BITSAT 2018.
- Admission offers are made to students on the basis of their ranks through a series of iterations.
- Announcements regarding the same will be updated on the official website.
- Admissions in the campuses of BITSAT are conducted on a flexible ratio and there is no specified intake for a course.
BITSAT 2018 Counselling, Waiting List and Admission Process:
- The computer is programmed in such a way that it assigns seat starting from the first candidate on the merit list and going down the same until all seats are filled up.
- When the computer considers a candidate, it first tries to accommodate the first preference of the candidate, and later goes to his/her second preference if the first preference could not be accommodated for any reason.
- Assignments of candidates for all programs are thus completed and immediate admission offers are made.
- Those who attend the counselling sessions and do not get immediate admission to the course of their choice will be put on a waiting list for the same.
- Waiting list cutoffs are determined on the basis of past experience.
- The candidates placed on the waiting list will again be filtered in the same method, according to the merit list and preferences.
- Those who decline the admission offer for a course or have not paid the advance fee will be eliminated from the waiting list.
- Once a student reports for admission at a particular campus, he remains on the waiting list for the programs of his higher preferences at the other campuses, till all admissions are finalized.
- Direct admission is given to the board toppers in any education board, provided the candidate has taken Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology as required for the relevant course.
- These candidates will be exempted from the BITSAT 2018 exam and granted direct admission to providing proof of being the topper.