BITSAT 2018 Counselling Procedure:
- Admission Form: Candidates have to fill the BITSAT 2018 Admission Form which will be available on the official website of BITSAT 2018.
- Mode: Candidates must fill the form with online mode.
- Post: Candidates have to send the hard copy of BITSAT 2018 admission application form along with attested copies of class 10 certificate and class 12 marks sheet.
- Merit List: On the basis of merit prepared, candidates will be called for the counselling process and through merit list candidates can go for the counselling along with the required original documents.
- Seat Allotment: Candidates who have allocated seats, have to pay the admission fee and must complete the necessary formalities to confirm the admission.
BITSAT 2018 Counselling Process Steps Required:
- Optional entry process through the internet.
- Options locking.
- Seat Allotment.
- Verification of documents.
- Seat Confirmation.
- Payment of fees.
BITSAT 2018 Counselling Fee Payments
- Counselling Fee: The candidate has to pay for the counselling fee of Rs. 1000.
- Mode of Payment: Online through Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card or Offline through Challan. At all ICICI bank branches in India along with a specially generated Pay-in-slip/e-challan, the Cash payments can be done.
Documents Required for BITSAT 2018 Counselling Process:
- 10th & 12th marks card and passing certificate.
- BITSAT scorecard.
- Counselling latter.
- Passport size photo.
- Caste Certificate.
BITSAT 2018 Counselling Schedule:
|Events||Dates 2018 (Announced)|
|Admission form release from||June 2018|
|Candidates to apply for admission with 10+2 marks and Preferences to Degree programmes||1st May – 18th June 2018|
|Announcement of Admit List & Wait List||20th June 2018|
|Payment Last Date||2nd week of July|
|Second allotment result||2nd week of July|
|Payment Last Date||Last week of July|
Admissions Process of BITSAT 2018:
- Filtration: Every candidate’s order of preference for different programs is filtered through a computer, which categorizes the candidates for respective courses on the basis of their ranks from BITSAT 2018.
- Ranking: Admission offers are made to students on the basis of their ranks through a series of iterations.
- Announcements: Announcements regarding the same will be updated on the official website.
- Available Seats: Admissions in the campuses of BITSAT are conducted on a flexible ratio and there is no specified intake for a course.
BITSAT 2018 Counselling, Waiting List and Admission Process:
- Computerised seat Allotment: The computer is programmed in such a way that it assigns seat starting from the first candidate on the merit list and going down the same until all seats are filled up.
- Preference: When the computer considers a candidate, it first tries to accommodate the first preference of the candidate, and later goes to his/her second preference, if the first preference could not be accommodated for any reason.
- Offers: Assignments of candidates for all programs are thus completed and immediate admission offers are made.
- Waiting List: Those who attend the counselling sessions and do not get immediate admission to the course of their choice will be put on a waiting list for the same.
- Waiting List Cutoffs: Waiting list cutoffs are determined on the basis of past experience.
- Merit List: The candidates placed on the waiting list will again be filtered in the same method, according to the merit list and preferences.
- Elimination: Those who decline the admission offer for a course or have not paid the advance fee will be eliminated from the waiting list.
- First Preference: Once a student reports for admission at a particular campus, he remains on the waiting list for the programs of his higher preferences at the other campuses, till all admissions are finalized.
- direct Admission: Direct admission is given to the board toppers in any education board, provided the candidate has taken Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology as required for the relevant course.
- Topper: These candidates will be exempted from the BITSAT 2018 exam and granted direct admission after providing proof of being the topper.