Introduction to BITSAT 2018 Exam Pattern:
The BITSAT 2018 exam consists of 4 parts:
|BITSAT 2018 Exam Pattern – Division of Marks|
|III||(a) English Proficiency||15|
|(b) Logical Reasoning||10|
BITSAT 2018 Exam Pattern:
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Duration of exam||3 hrs|
|Mark scheme||Correct answer: 3 mark
Wrong answer: 1 mark deducted
|Subjects||Physics, biology, mathematics, chemistry, English, logical reasoning|
|Negative marking||-1 for each wrong answer|
BITSAT 2018 Exam Pattern – Format and Rules:
- Exam Time: BITSAT 2018 examination will be conducted for 3 hours. There is no break in between the examination.
- Paper Scheme: The BITSAT 2018 paper is made up of 150 Objective Type (Multiple choices) questions where every question has 4 alternative options.
- Question Scheme: Only one of the 4 options can be correct for any question and candidates cannot choose more than one option at a time and the test process is entirely computerized.
- Mark Scheme: For every correct answer, 3 marks will be awarded and for every wrong answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
- Unattempted Question: There will not be any deduction of marks if candidates will skip the questions.
- Section-wise Time: There is no specific time allotted for any section of the BITSAT 2018 exam.
- Duration: The entire test must be completed in 180 minutes, and candidates cannot change their answer to attempted questions during the period of the test.
- Questions: If a candidate answers all the 150 questions without skipping any question, he/she will have an option of attempting up to 12 extra questions, depending on how much time is left.
- Subjects: These extra questions will be from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology only; four questions from each part.
- Extra Questions: The extra questions will only give a chance to highly meritorious candidates to score higher.
- Negative marking: But it is important to note that these extra questions also have negative marking and must not be attempted by pure guessing.
- Marks Reduction: If the candidate’s responses are wrong, it will lead to a reduction in total marks.
- Question Selection: The BITSAT 2018 questions will be selected at random from a large question bank.
- Question Sets: Different candidates will get different question sets when they appear for BITSAT 2018.
- Monitoring: An expert committee ensures that the question sets are of comparable difficulty level, content, question type etc.
BITSAT 2018 Exam Pattern- Important points:
- Electronic Gadgets: Candidates are not permitted to bring calculators or log tables, but only a pen for rough work. Blank sheets will be provided.
- Identity: Candidate’s fingerprint and photograph will be taken at the time of the test and will be matched at the time of admission.
- Disqualification: Anyone violating the rules of the test centre or falsifying identity will not be allowed to continue with the test and will automatically be disqualified.